- Leyla Kavandi, Laura R. Lee, Amber A. Bokhari, John E. Pirog, Yongping Jiang, Kashif A. Ahmad, Viqar Syed, “The Chinese herbs Scutellaria baicalensis and Fritillaria cirrhosa target NFκB to inhibit proliferation of ovarian and endometrial cancer cells.” Mol. Carcinogenesis, epub ahead of print, 2013
- Trembley JH, Unger GM, Tobolt DK, Korman VL, Wang G, Ahmad KA, Slaton JW, Kren BT, Ahmed K, “Systemic administration of antisense oligonucleotides CK2 α and α’ subunits reduces orthotopic xenograft prostate tumors in mice.”Mol. & Cell. Biochem. 356:21-35, 2011.
- Kashif A. Ahmad, Guixia Wang, Khalil Ahmed, “Intra-cellular hydrogen peroxide production is an upstream event in apoptosis induced by downregulation of casein kinase 2 in prostate cancer cells.” Molecular Cancer Research 4: 331-338, 2006.
- Kashif A. Ahmad, Iskandar K., Clément M.V., Hirpara J., ShazibPervaiz.
“Hydrogen peroxide mediated cytosolic acidification is a signal for mitochondrial translocation of Bax during drug induced apoptosis.”Cancer Research 64: 7867-7878, 2004.
- Kashif A. Ahmad, Marie V. Clément, Ismail M. Hanif, ShazibPervaiz,
“Resveratrol inhibits drug-induced apoptosis in human leukemia cells by creating an intracellular milieu non-permissive for death execution.” Cancer Research 64:1452-1459, 2004.
- Aaron Goertz and Kashif Ahmad, “Biological Activity of Phytochemical Compounds in Pomegranate-A Review.” ECronicon (open, access), Vol.1, Issue 3, 2015.
- Kashif Ahmad, John Pirog, Viqar Syed, Yongping Jiang, Huang Nguyen, “The Chinese herbs ChuanBei Mu and Huang Qin can produce dose dependent biphasic response in endometrial cancer cells.” BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 12 (Suppl 1, P7), 2012
- Ismail Hanif, Ismail Hanif, Ali Shazib, Kashif Ahmad and ShazibPervaiz, “Casein Kinase II: An attractive target for anti-cancer drug design.”Int. J. Biochem. and Cell Biol., 42(10):1602-05, 2010.
- Guixia Wang, Yuan Pan, Kashif A. Ahmad and Khalil Ahmed, “Protein B23/nucleophosphamin/numatrin dynamics in relation to protein kinase CK2 and apoptotic activity in cancer cells.” Biochemistry. 49(18):3842-52,2010.
- Ismail Hanif, Kashif Ahmad, Khalil Ahmed and ShazibPervaiz, “Involvement of ROS in apoptosis induced by pharmacological inhibition of CK2.” Ann NY AcadSci, 1171:591-9, 2009.
- Guixia Wang, Kashif A. Ahmad, Nathan Harris and Khalil Ahmed, “Impact of protein kinase CK2 on inhibitor of apoptosis proteins in prostate cancer cells.” Mol. & Cell. Biochem. 316:91-7, 2008.
- Kashif A. Ahmad, Guixia Wang, Gretchen Unger, Joel Slaton and Khalil Ahmed, “Protein kinase CK2- a key suppressor of apoptosis.” Advan. Enzyme Regul. 48:179-87, 2008.
- Kashif A. Ahmad, Nathan Harris, Hans Lindvall, Andrew D. Johnson, Guixia Wang, Khalil Ahmed, “Protein kinase CK2 modulates Resveratrol and EGCG induced apoptosis in prostate cancer cells.” MolecularCancer Therapeutics, 6(3): 1006-1012, 2007.
- Guixia Wang, Kashif A. Ahmad, Khalil Ahmed, “Role of Protein kinase CK2 in regulation of TRAIL induced apoptosis in prostate cancer cells.” Cancer Research 66: 2242-2249, 2006.
- Kashif A. Ahmad, Guixia Wang, Gretchen Unger, Joel Slaton and Khalil Ahmed, “Targeting CK2 for cancer therapy.” Anticancer Drugs 16:1037-43, 2005.
- Guixia Wang, Kashif A. Ahmad, and Khalil Ahmed, “Modulation of death receptor mediated apoptosis by CK2.” Mol.& Cell. Biochem. 274: 201-205, 2005.
- Guixia Wang, Gretchen Unger, Kashif A. Ahmad, Joel W. Slaton, and Khalil Ahmed, “Downregulation of CK2 induces apoptosis in cancer cells –A potential approach to cancer therapy.” Mol. & Cell. Biochem. 274:77-84, 2005.
- Kashif A. Ahmad, Marie V. Clément, ShazibPervaiz,
“Pro-oxidant activity of low doses of resveratrol inhibits hydrogen peroxide induced apoptosis.” Ann. of N.Y. Acad. of Sci.1010: 365, 2003.